Welcome to our Falls and Fracture Prevention webpage. We hope that you find the information included here helpful either for yourself or a family member.
THE MAJORITY OF FALLS ARE PREVENTABLE AND PREDICTABLE
- A fall represents the most frequent and serious type of injury for anyone over the age of 65
- 50 per cent of people over 80 will experience a fall every year
- Falling is a leading cause of death among people aged 75 and older.
- destroy a person's confidence
- increase their isolation
- reduce their independence.
Many people who fall will also suffer a fracture, most often of their wrist or hip.
But there is a lot we can do to reduce the risks
- Be aware of how likely we are to fall
- Keep our bones strong so that we are less likely to fracture a bone
- Think about the risks in our homes that may make us fall.
We hope you will find these pages helpful - for more information or sources of help near where you live contact:
The West Suffolk Clinical Commissioning Group here
The National Osteoporosis Society here
Age UK Suffolk here